-Planning, structuring, and monitoring system implementation and support activities;
-Overseeing, and reporting on work assignments of the assigned team members;
-Defining project objectives and overseeing work activities of the team;
-Working closely with a variety of other teams to accomplish overall high-quality, high-service provision of information systems to department end users’
-Acting as a deep subject matter expert on the assigned information systems;
-Identifying and planning appropriate training and oversight of team members to lead them in attaining a high level of application knowledge as well as strong, proactive customer service;
-Serving as a primary point of contact and liaison with the organization’s managers and staff who are the end-users and customers of the information systems;
-Providing leadership to establish a high level of customer service and proactive advice to the customers regarding information systems;
-Acting as the global expert for assigned applications and for the use of those applications within the context of patient care workflows;
-Directing and monitoring all life-cycle activities for Ambulatory EpicCare, including development of project plans for implementation, optimization, and ongoing support. -Participates in evaluating the project using pre-defined metrics; provides comprehensive status reports and escalates issues appropriately;
-Utilizing human change management techniques to ensure user adoption.
Position reports to the Manager, taking direction from and collaborating with the Manager on work priorities and assignments as well as resolution and escalation of issues.
The focus of this role is to lead the workflow analysis, configuration, testing, implementation, support and maintenance of Ambulatory EpicCare and other outpatient/ambulatory clinical systems as assigned. The Lead provides work direction to application specialists in the I, II, and Senior roles, and ensures close collaboration with educators teaching use of the EMR as well as with inpatient application teams and the technical teams.
Bachelors degree preferred
RN preferred, but not required
Epic Certified on EpicCare Ambulatory EMR OR significant progress
on certification process plus build experience. Other EMR software experience is acceptable.
• 4- 6 years relevant healthcare information systems experience preferred.
Experience in leading, supervising and developing teams required.
• Expert knowledge of project management methodologies and experience managing multiple projects preferred.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage multiple priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including superior oral and written communications.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills including tolerance for ambiguity.
• Strong computer skills including Windows, Exchange/Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Project.
Additional role specific requirements and/or preferences:
• 1-2 years experience as direct care provider/clinician (RN preferred).
• EpicCare Ambulatory EMR project leadership experience.
• Certified on EpicCare ambulatory EMR – OR – significant progress on certification process plus build experience.
• Full systems life cycle experience with EMR or other high complexity clinical systems project strongly preferred.
• 1 year ambulatory workflow analysis and specialty and primary care process redesign experience preferred.
• 2 years informatics / information systems experience preferred.
• 1 year manager or supervisor experience preferred.
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge of ambulatory clinical and operational processes, workflows, and business needs.
• Technical and functional knowledge of assigned information systems required.
Salary: Above $100k
Send resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com